DoctorsLive are a group of doctors passionate about inspiring the next generation of students into Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health Professions. We delivered virtual workshops throughout the pandemic which received great feedback, so we wanted to reach out to more keen students.
Our SurgeryLive course is an innovative and interactive virtual course that gives students a real glimpse of what it's like to be a surgeon in an operating theatre, delivered by practising NHS surgeons. The day course includes:
1. A glimpse into the day to day life of a surgeon
2. Solving real-life surgical cases including history taking and anonymised scans
3. Live virtual operations - showing step by step how common surgeries are carried out
4. Learning how to suture with a live follow-along demo (students will be sent their own suturing kit, the same ones used by medical students and doctors)
5. A chance for students to interact with practising NHS surgeons and doctors
We aim to make the course as interactive as possible to give students a real taste of what it is like to be a surgeon and to be in the operating room using the latest innovative virtual technology. Students will also get a chance to learn how to suture with their own suturing kit.
These sessions are aimed at students aged 14+ who are interested in a career in Healthcare. Certificates will be provided for participation as virtual work experience.
The next SurgeryLive date is Saturday 4th December 2021. For more information, please visit our website below. Please note places are limited and are allocated on a first come first serve basis (deadline 28th November 2021)